- Allowing positive pressure
- Prevention of needlestick injuries,
- No risk of contact with the body of the needle
- Protection up to discarding in sharps container
Positive pressure and catheter occlusion prevention
Thanks to its single-handed removal, POLYPERF® Safe allow to perform positive pressure helping to reduce catheter occlusion.
Catheter occlusion is the most common complication in the long term use of implantable ports. (Up to 21.5% of catheters may be occluded).
|STEP 1 : Normal position for use (horizontal piston) before withdrawal||STEP 2 : Preparation : lift the piston from the horizontal position position to the vertical position (perpendicular to the patient skin) while holding the square base with 2 fingers.||STEP 3 : Using your thumb, lower the piston to put it in contact with the skin, inject sterile normal saline with the other hand and simultaneously lift the extractor (with an upwards movement) until there is a CLIC corresponding to the total locking of the needle.
This final operation eliminates any risk of accidental needlestick injury.
Prevention of needlestick injury
- No rebound effect at the withdrawal of the needle
- No risk of contact with the body and the tip of the needle
- Total protection up to discarding in sharps container
Visibility of puncture site
Access site provides excellent visibility of inflammation or exudation.
|Needle||Product code without closed system|
|Gauge||Needle Ø (mm)||Needle Length (mm)||without Y site||with Y site|
* For pediatric use only. References in bold are the most commonly used. POLYPERF ® Safe is packed in a box of 12 units.